You are here:
- They think that their employer wronged them somehow, e.g. passed them up for a promotion, or treated them unfairly, etc.
- They think that they are not being compensated fairly for the services they provide to the employer.
- They think that the theft won’t hurt the employer because the employer has plenty of money to spare or has insurance to cover the loss.
- The employer has minimal consequences for employees who steal.
- The employee is having financial difficulties.
- The employee is having family problems or is going through a divorce.
- The employee has a gambling or drug addiction.
You can protect your law firm from embezzlement by setting up internal controls, getting to know your employees, and looking for suspicious behavior.
Table of Contents