The life of an attorney has always been a fast-paced one. And with the rise of recent technological advances like smartphones, communication is even more rapid, making mobility essential to a lawyer’s success. Whether you’re spending the day at the office, in the courtroom, or meeting clients on the road, the ability to work remotely is not only a convenience, it’s also a necessity in today’s legal world. In fact, according to the ABA 73% of attorneys report telecommuting, and of those, 18% telecommute 2 to 3 times a week.
So why are a growing number of attorneys making their practice mobile? There are several factors contributing to this rising trend:
- Single attorney offices are able to keep operating costs down by working from home
- Work can still move forward even while traveling for business or pleasure now that most hotels offer reliable internet access
- Facilitating field work for multiple clients
While increased mobility alone is certainly helpful, a mobile solutions platform will allow your firm to take full advantage of its benefits. By implementing such a system, you can enjoy:
- Improved Time Tracking: Jotting down your hours on a napkin doesn’t ensure that time is actually entered; access to a time tracking solution on mobile devices alleviates this problem and reduces leakage for unbilled hours.
- Matter Tasks & Notes: Stay up-to-date on matter-linked tasks and notes. Stop using scratch pads and loose sheets of paper to keep track of crucial matter information. Mobile access to your firm’s practice management system makes sure you know the facts and nothing falls through the cracks.
- Shared Calendars: It’s much easier to stay on top of deadlines and appointments that are linked to matters when every member of the team can access shared calendars in their practice management system via their mobile devices.
Technology continues to revolutionize nearly every industry, and legal services are no exception. While change may seem daunting at first, embracing new systems like a mobile solutions platform will not only make your job easier, it will also make you a better attorney. If you’re looking to upgrade your practice management program, take the time to evaluate multiple systems and choose the application that best fits your unique needs — including mobile capabilities and functionality.
Modernize your practice today with mobile practice management by signing up for a free trial of CosmoLex.
Ready to make the switch?
Start a 10-day Free Trial of CosmoLex