CosmoLex is the #1 Alternative to Rocket Matter® + QuickBooks®
Rocket Matter is a cloud law practice management program popular in the US. Law firms on Rocket Matter require a separate accounting package, such as QuickBooks.
Using a separate billing and accounting system is problematic for law firms, and often leads to duplicate data entry and the error-prone, complex data sync between the programs. Maintaining bar association compliance with a general accounting program like QuickBooks is also challenging.
With our integrated legal practice management, billing, and accounting, CosmoLex Cloud is the best alternative to Rocket Matter. CosmoLex gives you everything you need, in one login, for one price, with no QuickBooks required.
Integrated Accounting - No QuickBooks Required.
CosmoLex Cloud has built-in trust and general accounting to eliminate the frustrations of using separate billing and accounting systems, such as:
- Duplicate data entry. This is a time-consuming and error-prone process for lawyers, who can’t afford to waste the resources on it.
- Poor Financial Reconciliations. Complex imports and exports that never seem to reconcile properly leave a lot of gaping holes and room for compliance violations in your books.
- Added Cost. The cost of paying for multiple software subscriptions adds up quickly. And add to that the cost of the required training to get up and running with those systems.
- Scattered Financial Data.With billing and accounting data scattered in different systems, you have no reliable way to get a comprehensive view of the productivity and profitability of staff, clients, or the firm as a whole.
Built-in LawPay with No Fixed Monthly Fee
Compliant Trust Accounting
CosmoLex also gives you comprehensive, compliant trust accounting that keeps you audit-ready all the time. If you use QuickBooks for trust accounting, you need to be aware of critical challenges, such as:
- QuickBooks allows client trust funds to be posted incorrectly to any account—even to rent or payroll.
- No built-in protection against overdrafts or commingling.
- Three-way reconciliation reports are not built-in. They need to be assembled manually from multiple reports, making reconciliations time-consuming and error-prone.
Compliant Client Financials
CosmoLex is designed for unique regulations pertaining to the practice of law—especially when it comes to the handling of money. Entering and tracking client-related financial transactions between Rocket Matter and QuickBooks is likely to result in struggles with actions like:
- Accurately tracking client advances
- Disbursement tracking, billing, and collections
- Paying invoices from trust funds
- Allocating payments to correct general ledger accounts
Comprehensive Financial Records
Top Reasons Why You Can Trust CosmoLex