CosmoLex Helps Accountants & Bookkeepers
Attorneys love to practice law, not accounting or bookkeeping, and they need trusted advisors to help ensure that their financials are 100% compliant. But many accountants & bookkeepers shy away from taking on law firm clients because of the unique requirements governing areas like case cost, client funds, and IOLTA rules. On top of that, most law firms have separate systems for billing & business accounting, and a host of manual trust ledgers — a messy situation that creates lots of extra work for anyone trying to manage their books, especially on a fixed fee basis.
CosmoLex can help you grow your own practice by providing an easy way to work with law firms. That’s because CosmoLex customers are different. They record all their billing & payments transactions in the CosmoLex cloud app. Then all of these transactions flow into a full set of accounting tools & reports that are built-in to CosmoLex itself, including:
- Legal Accounting Compliance Standards (no workarounds needed)
- Bookkeeping Ledgers, Journals, & Reconciliations
- IOLTA Ledgers & Trust Account Reconciliations
- Turn-key Billing, Retainer Management, and Receivables
- Built-in Collection Tools
- Journal Entries for Payroll & Adjustments
- Year-End Tax-Accounting Reports & much more
Become A Partner Today
Learn More About Our CAP Program
CosmoLex Accounting Partner (CAP) Program
For Accountants & Bookkeepers
Our CosmoLex Accounting Partner (CAP) program makes it easy for you to work with CosmoLex customers through a FREE Client Access Account. You’ll never have to ask your client for this report or that export or remote access — because you can access it all from inside the client’s CosmoLex account. You can do all your bookkeeping/accounting work right inside CosmoLex anytime/anywhere — a key value-add for everyone.
As a CAP, you’ll be able to offer a higher level of service to legal clients, with less work on your part. You’ll get
- Free Client Access Account (no cost to you or your clients)
- Expert level help, training & certification in legal-specific accounting/bookkeeping issues (you’ll learn about add-on services to offer your clients)
- Listing on the CosmoLex Consultants page, providing visibility that reaches hundreds of law firms in our fast growing CosmoLex customer base.
- And more…
CAP members have a significant competitive edge when it comes to serving law firms — and you’ll be able to make the legal community a profitable, growing niche for your own business.
Contact us today to learn more and see if you qualify to join our CAP program.
Monthly Advanced Accounting Features Webinar
Join Our Live Training
First Wednesday of Every Month
Whether you’re completing your CAP process or you simply want to learn more about the intricacies of accounting within CosmoLex, this live monthly webinar is for you! The purpose of this webinar is to illustrate legal-specific challenges and demonstrate solutions via CosmoLex.
CosmoLex’s Monthly Advanced Accounting Webinar covers following topics:
- Overview of Legal Accounting Challenges
- Legal Accounting Topics:
- Proper Posting of IOLTA Transactions
- Operating Retainer vs Trust Retainers
- Hard v Soft Costs
- Invoice Payments From IOLTA Accounts
- Revenue Allocations
- Income Tracking by Practice Area
- Deposit Slips
- Credit Card Transactions and Mapping Rules
- Monthly Bank Reconciliations
- Importing bank transactions
- Journal Entries
- Bad Debt
- End of Year Activities
The webinar will conclude with a CosmoLex Accounting Partner (CAP) Program Overview
Click Here to review our Terms and Conditions of the CosmoLex Accounting Partner Program.