How do I use automation in my law firm?
Automation is a way of taking repetitive processes and using technology to complete them. Law firms are full of processes and in almost all of them, some form of automation can be applied.
Benefits of automation for law firms include:
- More time to handle billable tasks
- Ability to get paid faster
- Increased profits
- Reducing error
- Streamlining case management
There are numerous ways this can be applied to your law firm including:
- Client intake: have clients fill out forms that automatically fill into your case management program
- Billing: send out invoices as batches
- Accounting: create and send out invoices as batches
- Document assembly: merge case management information automatically into pre-developed forms and templates
- Task lists: set up automated task lists and deadlines that are triggered by certain actions, such as the creation of a certain type of case
- Scheduling: calendar tools can let others set up appointments with you that automatically go on your calendar, eliminating the back and forth emails
Implementing automation in your law firm has a host of benefits, but it’s important to be strategic in applying them. Plan ahead and lay out how the automation will work, decide if there needs to be any training for staff members and then implement the automation.