LinkedIn is a powerful business development tool for lawyers if used correctly. Luckily, it’ll only take 10 minutes a day to increase your exposure and relationships.
First off, just having a basic profile is not enough. Create a profile that highlights all of your accomplishments and expertise:
- Your profile photo should be clear, professional, and not pixelated.
- Your job title should be descriptive as possible.
- Your summary section should tell a compelling and personable story.
Secondly, connect with as many people as possible:
- Send a connection request and a personalized note to everyone you meet in person.
- And don’t forget the people you met in the past such as previous classmates, coworkers and clients.
Lastly, don’t just consume content. Be a contributor and add value for your network:
- Post relevant articles for your network.
- Write posts highlighting your expertise.
- Comment on other people’s posts.
Learn more about how to “Make the Most of LinkedIn for Lawyers.”